FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Frequently asked questions about dental implants
A dental implant is like a small screw, an artificial root, it is made of titanium and biocompatible. It serves to replace the root of a damaged or missing tooth and serves as an anchor for a future dental prosthesis or ceramic crown.
The implementation of a dental implant is performed with a proven protocol, the duration of intervention is 20 to 30 minutes for a dental implant.
In general, dental implants are among the most durable treatments. Appropriate dental hygiene and prophylaxis should be taken into account for the durability of implant and prosthetic treatment.
It is difficult to give a price as each patient requires a personalized study to establish a price and a treatment plan. This type of treatment is not reimbursed by the social security, this being certain complementary of health can take care of a part of the act.
There is no age limit for having dental implants. A pre-implant examination is necessary. A beam cone can be considered to check several elements (bone volume, infections, fracture of a root ...). On average, the number of dental implants varies depending on the number of teeth to be replaced. An oral assessment and a clinical examination are to be expected before considering the implementation of dental implants.
Only a beam cone can accurately determine whether there is enough bone or not. In the event that there is not enough bone, there are alternative solutions, such as filling the missing bone volume with a substitute, or using short implants. Even in the case of low residual bone height, the use of guided surgery practiced in the dental office, can treat cases previously considered impossible to achieve.
Rigorous, proven and controlled protocols guarantee us a job adapted to the situation, with about 95% success. In the remaining 5%, we deposit the mobile dental implant and after one month of healing we gracefully rest a dental implant, this only delays a little the end of treatment.
There are many different brands and models of dental implants.